Your Councillors by Ward

Local Councillors are elected by the community to decide how the council should carry out its various activities. They represent public interest as well as individuals living within the ward in which he or she has been elected to serve a term of office.

Councillors stand for election for a political party. Once they are elected, for the purposes of Council business, they may join political groups within the Council.

They have regular contact with the general public through council meetings, telephone calls or surgeries.

Councillors are not paid a salary for their work, but they do receive allowances. By law, all members of the Council are required to complete a declaration of interest form, the details can found by clicking onto the indiviudal Members below.

Information about Councillors

Chairman of the Council

Be a Councillor

Members Allowances

Complaints about Councillors

To find your councillor please use the below links:

 Alresford & Elmstead

  • link to details of Councillor Gary Scott
    Councillor Gary Scott

    Alresford & Elmstead

    Liberal Democrats

    Vice-Chairman of Resources and Services Overview & Scrutiny Committee; Leader of the Liberal Democrats Group

  • link to details of Councillor Ann Wiggins
    Councillor Ann Wiggins

    Alresford & Elmstead

    Liberal Democrats

    Deputy Leader of Liberal Democrats Group

 Ardleigh & Little Bromley




 Cann Hall


 Dovercourt All Saints

 Dovercourt Bay

 Dovercourt Tollgate

 Dovercourt Vines & Parkeston


  • link to details of Councillor Joy Broderick
    Councillor Joy Broderick


    Holland on Sea & Eastcliff Matters

    Portfolio Holder for Independent Living; Leader of the Holland-on-Sea Group


 Harwich and Kingsway


 Kirby Cross

 Kirby-le-Soken & Hamford

 Lawford, Manningtree & Mistley

  • link to details of Councillor Alan Coley
    Councillor Alan Coley

    Lawford, Manningtree & Mistley


    Chairman of Audit Committee

  • link to details of Councillor Carlo Guglielmi
    Councillor Carlo Guglielmi

    Lawford, Manningtree & Mistley


    Deputy Leader of Council; Portfolio Holder for Corporate Finance & Governance; Deputy Leader of Conservatives Group

  • link to details of Councillor Valerie Guglielmi
    Councillor Valerie Guglielmi

    Lawford, Manningtree & Mistley


    Vice-Chairman of Licensing & Registration Committee

 Little Clacton

  • link to details of Councillor Jeff Bray
    Councillor Jeff Bray

    Little Clacton


    Vice-Chairman of the Council; Vice-Chairman of Planning Committee


 St Bartholomew's

 St James

 St John's

 St Osyth

 St Paul's

 Stour Valley

 The Bentleys & Frating

 The Oakleys & Wix

 Thorpe, Beaumont & Great Holland

  • link to details of Councillor Daniel Land
    Councillor Daniel Land

    Thorpe, Beaumont & Great Holland


    Chairman of the Council; Chairman of Standards Committee


 Weeley and Tendring

 West Clacton & Jaywick Sands