Variation of condition 02 of planning permission 17/01790/FUL - To change materials used in construction of garage from brick to render.
It was reported that this application had been referred to the Committee as the applicant was the Council.
The Committee had before it the published Officer report containing the key planning issues, relevant planning policies, planning history, any response from consultees, written representations received and a recommendation of approval.
At the meeting, an oral presentation was made by the Council’s Planning Officer (MP) in respect of the application.
Following discussion by the Committee, it was moved by Councillor McWilliams, seconded by Councillor Fowler and RESOLVED that the Head of Planning (or equivalent authorised officer) be authorised to grant planning permission for the development, subject to the following conditions and informatives –
Conditions and Reasons
1 The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans, titled 'Location Plan', 'Site Plan'and 'Proposed MUGA Elevation Plan' of planning permission 17/01790/FUL, and drawing numbers GAEWP2-IW-XX-XX-DR-B-SK4 Revision P3 and GAEWP2-IW-XX-XX-DR-B-SK4A Revision P3 of planning permission 19/00320/FUL.
Reason - For the avoidance of doubt and in the interests of proper planning.
2 No floodlighting or other means of external lighting shall be installed at the site except in accordance with details (to include position, height, aiming points, lighting levels and a polar luminous diagram) which shall have previously been submitted to and agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The lighting shall be retained in accordance with the approved details.
Reason - To secure an orderly and well-designed development sympathetic to the character of the area and in the interests of residential amenity.
3 Prior to the first use of any external lighting or floodlighting within the development site, the light source shall be so positioned and shielded, in perpetuity, to ensure that users of the highway are not affected by dazzle and/or glare, in accordance with details to be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
Reason - To ensure that users of the highway are not subjected to glare and dazzle from lighting within the development in the interest of highway safety.
4 The proposed development shall not be occupied until such time as the vehicle parking area indicated on the approved plans, including any parking spaces for the mobility impaired, has been hard surfaced, sealed and marked out in parking bays. The vehicle parking area shall be retained in this form at all times. The vehicle parking shall not be used for any purpose other than the parking of vehicles that are related to the use of the development unless otherwise agreed with the Local Planning Authority.
Reason - To ensure that on street parking of vehicles in the adjoining streets does not occur in the interests of highway safety.
5 The Multi-Use Games Area hereby permitted shall not be used for any pre-arranged competitive matches.
Reason - For the avoidance of doubt and due to the fact that no parking facilities are available in this location for vehicles associated with visiting teams.
6 Noise Control -
1) The use of barriers to mitigate the impact of noisy operations will be used where possible. This may include the retention of part(s) of the original buildings during the demolition process to act in this capacity.
2) No vehicle connected with the works to arrive on site before 07:30 or leave after 19:00 (except in the case of emergency). Working hours to be restricted between 08:00 and 18:00 Monday to Friday. 0800-1300 on Saturdays with no working of any kind permitted on Sundays or any Public/Bank Holidays.
3) The selection and use of machinery to operate on site, and working practices to be adopted will, as a minimum requirement, be compliant with the standards laid out in British Standard 5228:1984.
4) Mobile plant to be resident on site during extended works shall be fitted with non-audible reversing alarms (subject to HSE agreement).
5) Prior to the commencement of any piling works which may be necessary, a full method statement shall be agreed in writing with the Planning Authority (in consultation with Pollution and Environmental Control). This will contain a rationale for the piling method chosen and details of the techniques to be employed which minimise noise and vibration to nearby residents.
6) If there is a requirement to work outside of the recommended hours the applicant or contractor must submit a request in writing for approval by Pollution and Environmental Control prior to the commencement of works.
Reason - In the interests of protecting existing residential amenities.
7 The floodlights shall at no time be operating between the hours of 21:00 and 08:00.
Reason - In the interests of the protection of existing neighbouring amenities.
Positive and Proactive Statement
The Local Planning Authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by identifying matters of concern within the application (as originally submitted) and negotiating, with the Applicant, acceptable amendments to the proposal to address those concerns. As a result, the Local Planning Authority has been able to grant planning permission for an acceptable proposal, in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development, as set out within the National Planning Policy Framework.
Informative 1: On the completion of the Development, all roads, footways/paths, cycle ways, covers, gratings, fences, barriers, grass verges, trees, and any other street furniture within the Site and in the area it covers and any neighbouring areas affected by it, must be left in a fully functional repaired/renovated state to a standard accepted by the appropriate statutory authority.
Informative 2: All work within or affecting the highway is to be laid out and constructed by prior arrangement with and to the requirements and specifications of the Highway Authority; all details shall be agreed before the commencement of works.